Friday, September 7, 2012

On the Radio

You know that moment. You're driving in the car, humming along to a familiar song, when suddenly a brand new song pops up on the radio. And it's pretty catchy. By the end of the little tune you already decided that it's your new favorite song. I mean, it just sounds so good! For the rest of the day that song is stuck in your head. You don't even know who is the singer is, haven't heard his voice before, but it's a super addicting song. The first thing you do when you get home is look up the song, hoping to find it on radio's website so you could figure out the name and title.

And that's when the embarrassing truth is uncovered. Your new favorite song? Boyfriend....by Justin Bieber. As Jane from 27 Dresses puts it, I felt "like my favorite love song was written about a sandwich." This, of course, was awhile back when the song first came out. I'm not a Bieber-hater or "Belieber" but his songs just really aren't my style. My current favorite bands have been Imagine Dragons and Mumford & Sons, just so you know.

I have also recently discovered Spotify-which is some "social" radio that is connected to Facebook and spams all of your friends with every song you listen to. It's really quite nice...except for the spamming thing. Spotify has become my new iTunes, so I suppose that qualifies as my latest addiction. Seriously...my Spotify library grows by about 30 songs per day. Guess this is what happens when you're suddenly without insane amounts of homework. I need to get a life. I mean, a nerd without any homework? Now I actually have time to do things after school...

I'll just spend the next hour or so adding new songs to my library while I think of things to do with my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates