Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Squirrels are Weird



Don't get me wrong, squirrels are adorable. And really fluffly. That was a typo, I meant to write fluffy. But honestly I like the sound of fluffly better so I'm not going to correct it.

My neighborhood is overrun with dozens of these furry ADD creatures, Even better? They love to mess with people. Specifically me. When I'm driving. And no, I did not accidentally run a squirrel over with my car. However, squirrels will randomly run in front of my car whenever I'm in the neighborhood.

                                     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRSgfDZoIDo&t=1m50s

(couldn't upload the video)

Sometimes the squirrels just like to sit in front of my car, in the middle of the road, and stare at me. This happened to me a couple of days ago. I was driving down my street when one squirrel romped across the road and ran under a parked car, then saw my car coming and suddenly decided the middle of the road was a much better place to hang out. And then we just kinda sat there staring at each other.

It moved...five minutes later.

I'm starting to think it's the same squirrel that's been running in front of my car. It happens all the time. In fact, it's probably the same squirrel that stole my dog's dog bone last year. I looked out the window one day to see a squirrel running across my fence with my dog's bone in its mouth.

Or it could be the squirrel that was stealing jelly beans at the Easter egg hunt. It was eating a handful of candy in a tree. Hopefully no one got rabies. It was kinda insane, although that might have been because of all the sugar it consumed. Pretty sure it was Twitchy's cousin.


Squirrels are weird. And entertaining. But weird.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates